Thursday, July 11, 2013

Two New Places

Within the last week we've visited two new (to us) places: the Butterfly House at Miller Nature Preserve and Geneva-on-the-Lake.

First, the Butterfly House. We went last Friday, on a really humid and rainy day--which is why most of my pictures ended up blurry and foggy looking. The Butterfly House is a small, wooden house with screens on all four sides that is only open seasonally (late June thru early September). It's free to walk through and a neat place to visit with kids. We went with some friends and the butterfly keeper (is that what they're called?? Butterfly Connoisseur?) gave Charlotte and her friend sponge brushes dipped in sugar water to carry around to attract butterflies. None of the butterflies were interested; it was so gross outside I think they just wanted to hang out on their leaves and chill, but they at least let us get close enough to get a good look.








Then this Monday, on a whim, my mom and I (and Charlotte) drove out to Geneva-on-the-Lake for the first time. What a cute town! It sits right on the water and there's a bunch of cute cottages, shops and mom-and-pop diner places. There's also an old fashioned general store called Rees Corner General Store. It was such neat place! They have an ice cream parlor inside and a menu full of ice cream sodas. I felt like I had traveled back in time.









On an unrelated note, now that my business website is up and running (click here to check it out if you haven't already) and I've created a separate Facebook page (here) for it, I'm going to stop linking & sharing this blog via my personal FB. It's enough to just update one FB account, and that'll just be my business focused one for the most part from now on. I'm still going to post here--you'll just need to come directly to this blog to read new posts rather than via Facebook (if that's how you're accessing it now). If you want to subscribe and receive emails whenever there's a new post, just enter your email address in the "subscribe" section over on the right menu.

Thanks for reading!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment