So my camera lens broke, which was quite a bummer. An expensive bummer, too, which is why I am living without that lens (and of course it was the "I do everything" lens, the 18-55mm that the camera came with). So while I save up to buy a replacement (grrrrr) I've been using my 50mm f/1.8 (code for "the lens you use for close ups and portraits where you want a sharply focused foreground and blurred background"). Being forced to use it has meant that I've learned a few things about it and how to take better pictures than I could just a week ago. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been a blessing in disguise, because blessings don't typically come with high price tags, but still. I've enjoyed working with it and my favorite subject has agreed to act as my model, so long as she gets to run around in the park and receive as many applesauce snack pouches as she can eat and play with my makeup. Deal.
Side note: the gray floral dress she's wearing in the photos above is one I made this week as part of a sewing challenge I'm participating in, which you can read about over on my sewing site.
And on another unrelated note, Chad just finished his second to last MBA course. As in, second to last class ever. The end is in sight (even though he won't officially be done until March). That means that while we've barely had time to speak to each other for the past six weeks we get to enjoy a nice break. And Inspector Lewis just released the most recent season on Amazon Prime, so with that I leave you. There are mysteries to be solved.
Have a fabulous week!
~Stacy











No comments:
Post a Comment