Saturday, July 21, 2012

Maine (Part 1)

We are home at last!  Why is it that traveling home always seems to take much longer than traveling to?  That was definitely the case yesterday (and this morning).  We left Maine around 8:30AM on Friday and drove in spurts while Charlotte napped.  We decided not to leave in the evening and drive all the way through to the morning since we wanted to get home and still be able to sleep for a few hours before Charlotte was up and ready to go.  We knocked out about 5 hours total before her bedtime, when the bulk of the driving was done.  Thankfully, she did sleep most of the time and was a spectacular traveler, but we didn't end up getting home until around 4:30AM this morning.  Needless to say, we're tired and totally off schedule.

The trip was wonderful--I'm too tired to give many details, so here's some photo highlights:
The dock at the house we stayed at in Limerick, ME


Charlotte found this mesh toy box and promptly climbed inside.



Portland Head Light



I took many, many pictures of Portland Head Light.  It's impossible to take a bad one; so beautiful.
 While we Chad and Charlotte were admiring the views, I took this picture and immediately afterward heard a tiny voice say "Uh oh!"...

...turns out she threw her Daddy's sunglasses.  Over the fence.



View of my beach house (I kid, I kid) from Cape Neddick, ME.  I took this because it reminded me of Grayson Manor (Revenge, anyone?)


Cape Neddick, ME

I have a bunch of great pictures from this museum village we went to (kind of a much smaller scale Colonial Williamsburg) that I'll put up in a separate post later on.  

Even though the trip was fun and we got to do so many great things and visit with family and friends, Dorothy was right:  There's no place like home.

It's good to be back :)

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment