Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Days

It's time again to review my phone and catch you up on the latest. I'm relying on my phone more than ever now for photos after the unfortunate news that my camera lens will need to be replaced. Boo.

Anyhow, we've had some crazy weather here in the past two weeks. After one particularly rainy and stormy day it cleared up in the afternoon and we took a walk down to the high school to check things out, which quickly turned into a game of "who can find the biggest puddle and stomp in it?" Answer: Charlotte.

 Earlier that day these two got to hang out and be cute together:

And later that week we went with my sister-in-law to paint some pottery at this cool place called Hands On Pottery (in Lyndhurst, for you locals). You pick out the piece(s) that you want to paint, then choose the colors you'd like to use, and paint away. It was a neat little place and we had fun painting ornaments. So Grandparents, don't be surprised if your Christmas presents this year include some hand painted ornaments ;)

Chad finished his coursework for the summer--yay!! We celebrated by going out for pancakes. Pumpkin spice pancakes, to be exact.


Charlotte loves her Baby Stella doll. Chad's mom sent it to her when she was just a few months old and it's her favorite doll. She's had this Baby Stella backpack for a long time now that I had tucked away in her closet until she was old enough to use it. Last week I brought it out and she was SO excited about it, she wanted to carry Stella around immediately. As soon as she was all outfitted with her baby she ran to the door and asked if we could "go show Buckwheat?" Buckwheat is the yellow lab down the street who is very sweet and very, very old. Charlotte adores him. Sadly, Buckwheat was not home when we walked down to visit him that day but she hasn't forgotten--I'm sure this week will bring another visit for show and tell.

Last week was crazy hot, so we spent a lot of our time doing things in air conditioned places. But she loves being outside, so each morning we end up playing with her water table until it's too gross out to handle.

And this made me laugh out loud for a good long while. I gave her a bowl full of sliced strawberries to snack on the other day and I heard her in the living room saying "I shared! You're welcome Elmo." I didn't think much of it until dinnertime, when I glanced over and saw that she had literally shared her strawberries with her giant stuffed Elmo:

Last Friday we were both short on patience and needed something fun to do for the last couple hours of the afternoon. So we went to the Cleveland West Side Market (a very cool place, and one I hadn't been to in a couple years). We brought back some delicious bacon and cheddar pierogies, but the highlight was definitely these cupcakes from Grandma Campbell's. The cupcakes are always the highlight.
Then this past weekend we spent some of Saturday in Oberlin, having lunch at our favorite place (The Black River Cafe) and taking a walk around campus. This building kind of looks like Hogwarts.

And last but not least, today. It was one of those days where she was wanting to get into everything in the bathroom while I was doing my hair and I needed her to stay occupied for five minutes. So I did what every mother would do and pulled her favorite linen closet drawer out (the one with all the travel sized stuff and other odds and ends) and let her play. She got into it (literally) and it entertained her for enough time that I could finish getting ready AND make the bed. That's a Monday morning win :)
Happy Monday.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment