Monday, July 15, 2013

Kids Clothes Week!

button-300square-summer13

I'm excited to be participating in my first Kids Clothes Week Challenge! Kids Clothes Week is a personal challenge to spend at least one hour everyday for a week sewing kids clothing. There are no rules and nothing to win at the end, other than scoring some new clothes for your child(ren) or a another child you sew for. This contest theme is Summer Staples, so I searched for some simple summer patterns to make my two year old daughter.

My girl has an early summer birthday and received a lot of summery outfits, plus I did some sewing for her in the spring so she was pretty well stocked for summer clothes for this season. So this week I'm focusing my efforts on making her some clothes for next summer--my ambitious plan is to make two dresses, two skirts, and one top. Think I can do it? I'll let you know by the end of the week ;)

Yesterday and today have been my prep days--choosing fabrics and patterns, pressing, cutting, pinning,etc.

IMG_8272

IMG_6323

IMG_8281

IMG_8276 IMG_8278

IMG_8283

IMG_6329 IMG_6328

So far so good! I've actually finished one dress already, thanks to the little one taking an extra long nap. Here's a sneak peek:

IMG_6350

Looks like it'll be a busy sewing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment