Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July Dress

Sewing dresses has become one of my favorite things to do. Let me clarify--sewing little dresses. Sewing a dress for myself is a feat I have yet to tackle...I've made it as far as a skirt, and I know I need a bit more practice before I can make myself a full blown dress that is actually fit for public viewing.

But I digress. I will look for any occasion to sew my girl a new dress, especially if I find a pattern that is simple enough to whip one up in under two hours. The occasion for this week was the 4th of July. Every girl needs a festive dress to celebrate America's b-day, right? Right? Right.

One of my favorite sewing blogs, The Cottage Home, generously offered a free PDF pattern and tutorial for the Summer Picnic Dress (free up to a size 4T). I think this dress is adorable and the quintessential summery sundress. The pattern was simple, the instructions were great, and I was able to make it in juuust under two hours. Win all around.
Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


What's the next dress-worthy occasion? A Labor Day Dress, perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. I am a big personal fan of this dress...And look at those shoes on that little lady!

    ReplyDelete