Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Whirlwind

Wow, what a busy week so far!  I can't believe the week is almost halfway over and I feel like I've accomplished nothing other than losing my car keys.  Twice.  Once in my Dad's car as he drove off with Charlotte after breakfast, and again the next day where they lay safely locked in my car while Charlotte and I were getting coffee.  I owe a big thank you to the kind police officer who unlocked my door without making me feel like a total loser, but I owe a bigger thank you to the woman in the coffee shop who took pity on me and paid for my coffee, just to be nice.  I was kind of a frazzled mess by the time this happened and she made my day.  So, to the kind woman at Mojo's on Monday afternoon, if you're reading this I thank you again a thousand times over.  You really made my day.

I've heard of "pregnancy brain" and I most definitely had it.  The problem is that I still have it, despite having given birth 8 months ago.  I think I must have delivered my brain along with my baby.  My mom swears this is what happens when you have girls.  Maybe that's true, but then that would mean that I'm to blame for her memory lapses (not that she has any...).

First, on Sunday, I went to the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show.  It was awesome, and Becki Cooper did an amazing job setting it all up.  There were tons of great vendors and a lot of people there--all a good sign for the upcoming April show that I'm doing!  This definitely made me more excited to be a part of the Spring show and even more anxious to get sewing.  I spent a lot of time scoping out the vendors, but did buy a little something for myself:

It's a necklace made from the Nicey Jane line by Heather Bailey and serves another very important purpose:  it's safe for a teething baby!  Genius.  I always wear necklaces but lately haven't been because Charlotte pulls and chews on them.  This one ties in the back with a soft ribbon and keeps Charlotte entertained while still looking cute.  I bought it here

So far this week has been a whirlwind.  I've been really busy with my consulting business so I haven't had much extra time to be creative (or do much of anything besides entertain Miss C).  After dropping Charlotte off at Grandma's today I stopped by the park on my way home.  It was another beautiful day, in the high 50s and sunny.  This weather is messing with my head and making me think it's closer to springtime than it really is.  It's still just January 31st, which in Cleveland can realistically mean 3-4 more months of snow.  I was the only one at the park, which was great because I could take all the pictures I wanted without feeling like a weirdo (for some reason I always feel compelled to explain to others that I'm not taking their picture when I'm outside taking photos in public.  By trying not to be creepy I probably make it worse by over-explaining).  Anyway, here are some shots from my trip:





The view of downtown Cleveland from the Lake Erie shoreline in Bay Village, OH (2012)

Later on I hauled some items outside to photograph in the bright, natural light.  These will be going in my Etsy shop very soon, so stay tuned...

This evening has been spent working on my first project for the show--baby blocks.  I did a post about it here.  I'm adding some ribbon tags on the block sides for baby to chew on.  I'm making two sets out of Bliss by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.  There will be other items out of this fabric that I'll post about soon, plus I have a few other lines I'm making things out of that I'll talk about as I do them.  Here are the blocks so far, and I apologize for the poor lighting in the photos:


I can't wait to finish them and get started on other projects!

I think tomorrow I'm going to have 16 copies of my car keys made so I can keep them in various places and with people I see often.  I could also just put my keys on a ring and in the same place every single time I go somewhere, so there's that...Sigh.  Time for bed.

I hope you're having a good week so far!

~Stacy

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The pictures of Ohio and Lake Erie made me feel a little bit at home :) Thanks Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad they helped! Taking pictures outside has become one of my favorite hobbies, so I'll make sure to post more soon!

      Delete
  2. Baby brain is real, and it doesn't only result from birthing females. Even so, you seem to be keeping yourself extremely productive in such a physically challenging and mentally demanding time in your life. I commend you. Well done! Charlotte is beautiful, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad to know it's not just me! I'm preparing myself for a lifetime of baby brain, haha. Congrats on starting your blog, by the way! I'm curious to see if you'll find yourself doing more art now that you have it. I've found that to be the case with me. Also, Charlie is super :)

      Delete