Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kids Clothes Week: Ice Cream Social Dress

IMG_8418

Project #1 for Kids Clothes Week was based on a tutorial by Craftiness is Not Optional called the Ice Cream Social Dress. I've made this dress a few times before and can't say enough good things about it. For starters, it's adorable. The tutorial is very simple to follow and the dress can be made up in under an hour. Another bonus? It can be worn as a dress for a season or two and also as a tunic top if it gets to short as the child grows. I like that kind of versatility!

The only change I made to the original pattern was on the sleeves. Instead of the ruffled sleeves I made four separate strips for shoulder ties to make for a more casual look. Also, I didn't have any 1/4" elastic on hand so I had to improvise :)
IMG_8278

I used about a yard of fabric for this project. The fabric is Retro Rose out of the Poppy Love Collection by Swirly Girls Design for Michael Miller. I loooove this collection and have a few other cuts from other designs that I can't wait to use.
IMG_8414

IMG_8295 IMG_8300 IMG_8309 IMG_8341

IMG_8376


Stay tuned the rest of the week to see the other projects!

1 comment: