Anyhow, I wanted to make a couple skirts for my girl for next summer (since she already has too many for this summer. Seriously. You should see her closet.) Since I made them a size up I didn't get any photos of her modeling, but I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Sewing simple skirts like these is one of my favorite projects since I know I can usually finish one in under an hour. These were no exception--each one took approximately half an hour each.
But first, let's please talk about fabric. Have you ever checked out the Out to Sea line by Sarah Jane Studios for Michael Miller? You must. This fabric line is from last summer and is getting a little harder to find, but it's still out there in some Etsy shops. I love just about anything nautical and this weaves in the more traditional "boy" look of nautical and gives it a more feminine look by mixing brilliant pinks with navy. I used a border print to show off the sailboats for the top layer, which was a great use for a print like this!
The other skirt was made using some red/white and blue/white seersucker. I think both fabrics are from Joann's? I don't remember...but anyhow, I went with the whole "nautical" theme for these and I think they might be my new favorite of the week.
Two more days, two more items to make. Think I can do it?
No comments:
Post a Comment