Friday, July 19, 2013

Kids Clothes Week: Simple Summer Top

Kids Clothes Week is almost over! I'm still hopeful that I'll meet my five item goal, but so far I am not quite there...but the challenge isn't over until Sunday, so there's still time! For my fourth item, however, I went with an easy sleeveless top for my girl to wear next summer (so again, no photos of her in it since it's a bit large on her right now).

I used this pattern:
IMG_8431

This is one of those patterns that I've used over and over again because the shapes are so basic and versatile, plus I can easily change or add a few things to make them all different. I buy patterns like this at Joann's when they're on sale for $1 each (which is surprisingly often). For patterns I really like and know I'll use again for other sizes I just buy multiples. Spending a dollar to not have to trace a bunch of my own patterns myself? Well worth it.

IMG_8282


The fabric is from one of my favorite lines: The SImple Life by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake Designs. I bought a half yard bundle awhile back and this was the last of it. Guess that means I'll have to get more, no? ;)

IMG_8420


Let's get one thing out of the way right now: the middle button is crooked. I know it, you know it, so can we move on now? I noticed it as I was taking these photos but at that point I was just done and decided to leave it as is. I'll probably go back and fix it...but maybe not. I think it kind of gives it a little bit of character, right? Right?

IMG_8438


IMG_8423


IMG_8436 IMG_8433


I'll be back Sunday with, hopefully, a fifth and final finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment