It's still summer! I must emphasize this, because with all the back to school hoopla and strangely cool weather we've been having it's easy to forget that it is still, in fact, summer. How is it that in the past three weeks, typically the hottest of the season, we've only turned our air conditioner on once?? I'm not complaining, I love this weather!
We've done a lot of fun summery things the past week (taking advantage while the windows are (literally) wide open and before fall actually does get here). We had swimming lessons, lots of time outside on the swings and playing pretend picnic on the porch, and we went to the fair. She wanted to go so badly and we finally got a chance on Friday afternoon.
Beyond that, we're just trying to enjoy this last month of summer while we can. That means plenty of bike rides, more than enough ice cream, lots of time at the beach and playground, and the opportunity to watch the sunset (unlike in winter, where it sets before we're even finished eating dinner. Dumb.).
I hope you're enjoying your August :)
~Stacy









No comments:
Post a Comment