Wednesday, August 28, 2013

In Two Weeks...

In just two short weeks we will be here:


Source


We are driving to Vermont in two weeks for a short vacation that is doubling as the last leg of the journey toward Chad receiving his MBA. He has to give a presentation to a group of faculty (no pressure) to get the all clear to begin his final thesis project to complete his degree. When he started at Green Mountain College almost exactly five years ago we visited Vermont for the very first time. Way back then (because it feels like it was twenty years ago) it seemed like his graduate coursework would never come to be; his graduation date so far in the future it didn't even sound like a real year. 

Well, it is a real year. And here we are. Five years later and we'll pack the car, make the 8.5 hour drive, do the obligatory school stuff, and try to get in as much fun and outdoor activity as we can. We're even staying at the same B&B, which I can't wait for. More on that later, but the place is just wonderful.

This will be our first trip without Charlotte, our first time away from her for more than one night. While I am looking forward to the trip, I am kind of dreading being away from her for that long. It makes my heart ache a little just thinking about it. But had this been the case 5 years ago, I would not have had a smartphone capable of taking pictures or FaceTime...so for that I am very thankful :) And I know she'll be in good hands, having a blast with my parents. She gets to follow her Grandpa around for four whole days, which is pretty much her idea of heaven. 

And my idea of heaven? This state in the fall. The leaves are already changing here, so I'm hoping that we see some pretty colors happening in Vermont. Vermont can be a bit of a show off in the fall...
Source

Source

See what I mean?
Source

And this:
Source

Ridiculous. How can one state be so pretty? I'm just glad my camera lens is fixed, because this place is made for picture taking. And I'm ready :) You've been warned.

~Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment