Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August

With one week of August down I'm noticing tons of fall stuff in stores. I love fall, but I'm definitely still firmly planted in summer. Maybe it's because this past winter was so atrociously long and depressing, but I'm enjoying the warmth, sunshine and having the sunset after 6PM.

Today is rainy--thunderstormy rainy, too, so we're pretty much stuck inside. Charlotte and I started swim lessons this week and she was all excited to go back today (despite some drama at Monday's lesson where she lost her footing and ended up underwater for a second. Displeased, she was.) Class was cancelled, so we ended up at the nature center. I love the nature center, but being in there on a rainy summer day with 950 rambunctious children is not my idea of a good time. Ever.


So here we are, watching Elmo's World and reading books, pulling out every toy we own and playing dress up (with my entire jewelry box and shoe collection). I look forward to our regularly scheduled summer weather and activities tomorrow!









~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment