Sunday, August 25, 2013

Some Greatness

As the final week of August begins and the month comes to a close, here's a look at the past week. It was a good one. But with pretend grocery stores, a visit from an awesome friend, and a bedroom overhaul where can you go wrong?

Let's start with the pretend grocery store. I had a moment of weakness and found a toy that I wanted to play with just as much as Charlotte did, so it came home with us. I'm she's pretty thrilled about it.
 It has a conveyor belt, scanner, working cash register with calculator, play money, and a credit card machine. Factor in the play food she already owns and homemade grocery bag and we're all set for a long time of pretend shopping. :)

On Saturday our best friend from college, Adam, visited from Pittsburgh. He brought two fabulous things. Thing one:
You might be looking at those and thinking "my, what delicious looking donuts!", but you would only be half right. Why half? Because these, my friends, are cronuts. A doughnut meets a croissant and then has delicious icing and cinnamon on top and some more delicious icing in the middle. I ate half of one and almost passed out from the sugar intensity but they are good.

And thing two:
Adam brought her a cat piano, which she loves. Clearly.

So about that bedroom overhaul...we decided to buy Charlotte an official "big girl bed" (a twin bed), since the whole plan of taking down the side of her crib and converting it to a toddler bed was an epic failure. For the past several weeks she's been sleeping in a regular twin bed at my parents' house when she visits and loves it, and she's been telling us she wants one for home. So we decided to get one, put it in her room with her crib, and transition her that way. I think it will work much better--I hope.

Anyway, I let her decide on a new paint color since we never repainted that room when she was born. It was already a neutral yellow so we left it. But it's been six years since that room has had fresh paint and it was time. So I asked her a couple weeks ago and almost before the question was out of my mouth she said "pink!". So pink it is. I found a light pink color, appropriately named "Ballerina", since she wants to be a ballerina right now. I repainted the trim a fresh white, and the ceiling (I cannot emphasize enough how much I hate painting ceilings. Well, painting anything really but I save a special hatred for ceilings). I'll show more detailed before/after pics later but here's a sneak peek:

Another exciting thing? Pigtails. That's right, this girl's hair is finally ready for them!

And some other random goodies, like finding her here:
Me: "What are you up to over there?"
Her: "Just sewin' Mommy."

You know, like it was the most obvious and normal thing for a two year old to be doing. :)

Love her.

Enjoy your last bit of August!

~Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment