I can't remember the last time I did any sewing for myself. Well, this weekend I fixed that! My husband and I are taking a trip to Vermont next month and I decided it was time to update my travel bags. I finished two smaller makeup bags and have a large duffel bag in the works (more on that one later in the week).
These bags use small pieces of fabric (the largest piece I used was 8"X11"). They are both adapted from a pattern by Pink Sand Beach Designs. The smaller one measures about 5.5"X8.5" and the larger one is about 7.5"X10.5". I love that I can toss them in the washing machine and they are large enough to hold all my stuff but not so big that I can overpack :)
Here is the larger of the two:
The fabrics for each are a mix of Amy Butler prints I had in my stash and one by Kate Spain (the yellow; I don't remember the specific lines they're from though).
And the smaller bag:
These were the easy ones--I'll be back later in the week with the finished duffel bag (hopefully) and will regale you all with the story of how many times I managed to mess it up and use my seam ripper.
Until then...
They are great and so beautifully sewn.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! And sorry for my delay in seeing this comment, Wordpress had it marked as spam for some reason. Shouldn't happen again!
ReplyDelete