I haven't decided if this will be the last project in the Kitchen Sewing Series (see the other posts here and here), since I'm having fun with this. But it will probably be the last of this week, since I'm running low on time and I have a little girl who desperately wants me to take her to the fair :)
Like the coasters, I used all Happy Go Lucky fabrics (by Bonnie & Camille for Moda) to make this. I didn't use a pattern--I just did my own thing with a mix of charm squares and larger strips of fabric. I used a half yard for the backing and cut the binding strips from a fat quarter. The finished table topper is about 16"X40".
I didn't do a tutorial for this since I just wanted to get it done and I wasn't sure I would like the finished product enough. But, I do. So hopefully soon I'll get time to make another and include a full tutorial/pattern.
I went with this bright red floral for the backing, so if I want less pattern going on I can just flip it over:
I love the pops of navy...it really has all of my favorite colors in one fabric line. And I have a confession: the binding isn't actually sewn on yet--it's just pinned. I had a small window of time to take photos and write this post, so I cheated. You caught me :)
Happy Sewing!
No comments:
Post a Comment