Saturday, December 17, 2011

Let It Snow

We've had a lazy start to our Saturday, which is just fine with me.  Little Miss slept in and took an early nap.  We have a family Christmas party in a few hours, so she must know she needs to sleep off any residual crabbiness so she can dazzle everyone later.  When I finally wandered downstairs and looked out the window, I saw this:

DSCF3928

DSCF3927

This isn't the first snow of the season but it's the first that's stuck--and it's still snowing!  I always love seeing snow in December.  I take tons of pictures and can spend a lot of time just admiring its beauty.  Then March comes and I think unspeakable thoughts about the snow.  But until then, let's enjoy :)

He certainly is:

DSCF3920

Howard + frisbee = true love.  I truly believe this little dog would play until he died.  We have to end the game when we see his tongue dangling from the side of his mouth because he will not quit on his own.  He has an ultimate frisbee that can withstand his use and abuse.  Never mind that it's almost as big as he is--he has to hold his head as high as he can to keep from tripping over it when he runs.  This is what happens when your legs are 3" long.

DSCF3918

DSCF3917

DSCF3914

Confession:  I ate a mini cupcake for breakfast.  My mother-in-law lives in Maine and sent our Christmas gifts early with instructions to open them ASAP.  I was happy to oblige.  One of my gifts was a mini cupcake pan, which I've wanted for awhile but just wasn't one of those things I could justify buying for myself.  I used it yesterday and loved it--these yummy little guys satisfy my sweet tooth without being too much.

DSCF3891

DSCF3897

DSCF3899

The snow is coming down harder now--fat, sparkly flakes that are piling up on all the tree branches.  So pretty.  I hear someone "ah-gooing" upstairs; time to get ready for the party!



~Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment