Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Almost Time

The snow is melting but everything inside is feeling very Christmasy. 


DSCF3997


Today was spent cleaning the entire house, top to bottom, in preparation for company tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday (!). 


Do you find yourself going overboard when you have to get your house ready for gatherings?  Or is that just me?  For example, today I was cleaning everything: baseboards, windows, behind furniture, you name it.  But I found myself doing extra bizarre things like reorganizing all the magnets and pictures on my refrigerator.  I knew it was weird and completely unnecessary as I was doing it but couldn't stop.  Note to anyone reading this who is coming to my house this weekend:  linger at the magnet display.  There was some effort in that, all for you. 


I did find a little time to do something fun.  I've seen the idea in numerous magazines and home decorating books where you take embroidery hoops and hang them on the wall in groups of different sizes with cute fabric framed inside.  It seemed easy enough and it totally was.  I used leftover scraps of Bliss and Ruby (by Bonnie & Camille for Moda) and bought 7 hoops.  I spent just under $5.00 total on all the hoops, so this was a super cheap project.  All I had to do was press the fabric, clip it into the hoops, and trim--done!  I spent about half an hour on the entire project (not including hanging).


102_4922


102_4930


102_4924


DSCF4079


DSCF4085


These are great if you change around your decor a lot (like me) because all you have to do is snap in some different fabrics and you're done. This will probably be it for the week for sewing.  My "studio" does double duty as my dining room, which needs to stay clean for the next few days.  The rest of my week will be full of cooking, baking, entertaining a baby, and re-vacuuming everything I just vacuumed today.  Good thing I bought a pound of hazelnut coffee today; I'm going to need it :)


DSCF3996


Hoping for a white Christmas...


DSCF4073


...and looking forward to her first.


 


~Stacy



No comments:

Post a Comment