I was finally able to work on the baby blocks today. I found this pattern on the Better Homes & Gardens website (
http://www.bhg.com/crafts/sewing/accessories/diy-baby-blocks/) and thought it looked really easy. I just used the pattern as a guide and cut my own sizes and skipped the fusible lettering. The blocks are very easy to make, but each one takes a bit longer than I expected--about 15-20 minutes per block. I decided not to applique anything onto them and just stick with the cute fabric (Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey) and leave it at that. I've never appliqued before, so I'm afraid that if I try it out on these they will A) end up looking like I tried applique for the first time and B) won't be ready until Charlotte's 4th birthday.
I started by cutting a bunch of 3" squares. Each block uses 6 squares and I cut enough to make 15 blocks.
I have only finished 3 so far, but hopefully I can get halfway done by the end of the evening. I'll know it's time to stop when I start messing everything up and swearing at my sewing machine (because naturally it will be the machine's fault. It always is.)
Look who just arrived home from a busy day at Grandma's:

I think it's time for pj's :)
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment