This is a pack of 5" precuts of Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms. It was purchased here.
These above two pictures are of my new layer cake (10" squares) of Sophie by Chez Moi. Check it out here (photos courtesy of this website as well).
And finally:
This one is called Winter Palace by Maywood Studio. You can check them out here.
Needless to say, I'm very excited about all the projects I can make. I have a bad habit of starting projects then getting distracted halfway thru by something new and never finishing. My fabric bin is full of half-completed things--not because I didn't like what I was making but because I have the attention span of a hummingbird.
I made a rule that I have to finish three projects before I can start anything else. I decided to finish up a blanket I started last Christmas that has been taking up prime real estate in my bin because it contains about 4,873 blocks of fleece. Thankfully it's a fast project to finish because all the squares were already cut. Since it's fleece, I don't have to worry about any backing, batting, or binding--the 3 B's of quiltmaking that take a lot of time.
This blanket pattern comes from Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book 8 and is a simple patchwork blanket that is big enough for two. Or for one small dog to roll himself up in several times. The pattern calls for 120 blocks, 6" each, of four different colors of fleece--a total of 3 1/2 yards (or 7/8 yards of each color).
The pattern is incredibly simple: pin together and sew 10 rows of 12 blocks each. Sew the rows together. Cut the seams to make "fringe". The End.
Fleece is very easy to work with, other than some bulking issues I had at the seams. Other than that this blanket is low maintenance both to make and use. It was something I knew I could finish in very little time, would clear a lot of space, and would bring me one step closer to playing with my new fabric :)
Tomorrow's project: finishing a purse. This might count as cheating because all I have to do is add handles...but I say it counts.
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment