Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Cookie Kind of Day

I set out to be very productive yesterday.  Grandma watches the baby on Tuesdays, so that is my day to clean, run errands, and work on consulting projects (I'm also an independent HR Consultant.  This blog is a place for enjoyment and relaxation and since the sum total of people who find reading about human resources to be enjoyable and relaxing is zero I will not be focusing on that here).

It was a rare Tuesday when the house was clean, groceries bought, and all work projects done.  My plan was to drop Charlotte off at 10, run a few errands, and be home by noon to spend the rest of my day sewing a set of baby blocks.  Plan derailed.  See, I have a problem when it comes to crowds.  My problem is that I dislike crowds.  I think I require more personal space than the average person, so being in a crowded store with people and shopping carts blocking aisles makes me crazy in about .3 seconds.  I have been known, on more than one occasion, to set out for a shopping trip and abandon all plans before I even get out of the car if the parking lot is a mess of people and terrible driving.  Yesterday was one of those days, except instead of just going home and forgetting about the whole thing I decided to be strong and soldier on.  This might have been an okay idea if it wasn't, say, 2.5 weeks before Christmas at one of the busiest strip malls in the entire nation.  Long and frustrating story short, I arrived home much later than I planned and in a bit of a "mood" that could only be fixed by baking cookies.  Dark chocolatey, thick, gooey cookies.  I have bakerella.com to thank for giving me the best recipe I have ever tried.  Please, if you are having a bad day that begs for cookies, visit this site immediately and make them.  Or just look at the amazing pictures of her cake pops.

I won't include the entire recipe (because I want you to check out her site :)) but here is the ingredient list:

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 t. vanilla

1/2 cup cocoa

10 oz. dark chocolate chips

3/4 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

I left out the nuts, but you can include those as well.

DSCF3690

DSCF3691

DSCF3694

DSCF3697

DSCF3709

DSCF3711

These are soooo good.  It's been awhile since I've baked cookies from scratch like this.  I skipped Christmas cookie baking last year because eating raw dough was forbidden due to my pregnancy.  Not eating raw dough while baking?  Insanity.  Not to mention completely impossible, so I figured I'd be better off just avoiding the temptation entirely.  I felt good enough after my little baking extravaganza that I was able to muster up some creativity and cut out the fabric for the baby blocks.  Here's a sneak peek:

DSCF3700
All made from leftover scraps of Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane line.  LOVE.

Have a good day!

~Stacy




No comments:

Post a Comment