Let's back up a second to Christmas Eve. I asked Chad what I should make and he suggested mac & cheese. I didn't want to just make any old mac & cheese, especially since his mom was arriving that morning from Maine and his brother was in town on leave from the military. I found a recipe for Baked Macaroni and Cheese which is possibly the best mac & cheese recipe ever. I used extra sharp cheddar (yum) and bought pre-cooked bacon as a time saver. This recipe is incredible, easy, and makes a TON so you can easily feed a large crowd or have plenty to freeze for later. Right now I have 6 individual servings in my freezer to pull out when I don't feel like cooking. Or making breakfast. I had mac & cheese for breakfast.
Delicious.
Later on, Chad and I let Charlotte open her gifts from us (Santa will bring the presents next year). She mostly enjoyed the paper and bows but I was delighted to see how much she loved the blocks I made!
I made a bag for them with fabric yo-yos and a big letter "C" on the front. I didn't get a good shot of it, so you'll just have to imagine :)
A sock in one hand and a block in the other. Life is good.
Chad and I exchanged gifts in the evening. He gave me so many great things, many of which I'll be blogging about in the near future. I have about a thousand project ideas. In the meantime, here's the fabric stash bin he picked out:
He found it at this great Etsy shop
Christmas day was busy--my house looked like Santa's workshop exploded. Charlotte opened (tons) more presents and we ate, ate, and ate some more. It was an exhaustingly wonderful day.
Merry Christmas--I hope yours was fabulous.
This photo is courtesy of my friend Sara
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment