Thursday, December 22, 2011

Distracted

It's 3 days before Christmas and I think I'm ready.  The house is still clean(ish), the tables and chairs are set up, and the menu is planned.  I'm not responsible for much in the way of cooking, which is a nice bonus to hosting--I can have everyone else bring food!  It's a good thing everything is coming together because I've been finding myself waaay to distracted with this:

Harry_potter_paperback_set

My Grandma gave this to me for Christmas at our get together last weekend.  Let me back up by saying I have never read a single Harry Potter book or watched any of the movies.  I think this means I should be an exhibit in a museum somewhere as the only person in the world who has never experienced anything Harry Potter.  I knew the basic idea, but honestly I never thought I'd be able to get in to the books.  I'm not typically a fan of anything even remotely sci-fi, magical, or wizard-y.  My sister-in-law finally convinced me to try it out.  She and I have similar taste in books and movies (we both shun The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and anything Hobbit-centric) so I trust her judgment if she inists I will like something.  Turns out I did not need to worry about having a hard time getting into the story because I love it so far!  I'm almost done with the first book and find myself sneaking in chapters in between Charlotte's naps.  So, if my house ends up a mess before Sunday and my laundry is taking over the second floor, blame Harry.

I've been keeping the cooking simple this week.  So far we've eaten this twice:

DSCF4125

DSCF4147

YUM.

Howard is keeping an eye on the neighborhood.

DSCF4138

He's been especially busy patrolling the porch and sidewalks this week, with all the UPS and FedEx deliveries.  Speaking of UPS, I received a package today from my brother-in-law, who will be visiting this weekend.  I may or may not have peeked inside, and if I did, I may have seen what appeared to be a big stack of 5" precuts of Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms fabric.  Maybe.  I won't know for sure until we formally exchange gifts this weekend.  In the meantime, my sewing machine cries quietly in the corner.

This may be it before Christmas, unless I remember to blog the recipe and pictures for the Baked Mac & Cheese with Bacon that I'm making Saturday.  It might be devoured before this happens.  Either way, Merry Christmas to all!

~Stacy




2 comments:

  1. Yay for Harry Potter! I love the image of the books you put on here. I'm interested to hear how the mac & cheese recipe turns out...sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY! I knew you would cave to Harry Potter sooner or later. :)

    ReplyDelete