Monday, September 30, 2013

Oliver + S Class Picnic Blouse

I love Oliver + S patterns. I've made several things for my girl from these patterns and I like them more every time I use them. Their instructions are just the best--easy to follow and understand, very thorough, and simplified (anyone who has sewn with commercial patterns probably knows how overwhelming and overcomplicated they can be).
IMG_9278


Yesterday I made her the Class Picnic Blouse from this pattern. I didn't alter anything--though keep in mind that these patterns tend to run on the larger side, so sizing down might be a good idea. I made the 2T and while it is roomy I wanted it to last awhile and the fit is adjustable in the elastic at the shoulders--I just shortened the length by a couple inches.

But first, the fabric.

IMG_9277


I used about one yard of this tiny floral print from the Avalon line by Fig Tree Quilts. I love this fabric--I have more yardage in red for my daughter's Christmas dress.

IMG_9474


IMG_9478


It was hard to get decent pictures of her wearing it. She was more interested in, well, everything else. Though bribing her with strawberries helped :)


IMG_9486


IMG_9492


IMG_9512


IMG_9515


Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. […] fabric is the red version that you may recognize from this post, part of the Avalon line by Fig Tree Quilts. I adore this line–it has so many different […]

    ReplyDelete