Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Fall!

As of yesterday it is officially fall: my favorite season (with summer coming in a very close second. The other two aren't even worth mentioning, except for maybe the last week of spring and about two days of winter during Christmas).

I was looking at Pinterest at some of the decorating that people do in their homes and was blown away. People spend some serious time and cash on fall decor, inside and out--especially for Halloween. My indoor decor consists of a few artificial pumpkins, some random silk leaves that fell out of a wreath that I saved (?), several candles and one single wreath. Oh, and a fall-ish looking bunting I just made. My outdoor display includes several real pumpkins (including a white one! Fancy.), one hay bale, and because I thought I would pull out all the stops this season--two cornstalks.

It's simple, cheap, and only takes up one small box worth of space. And while it may not be the most elaborate seasonal showcase, it works for me.






Strangely, a single hydrangea flower decided to bloom even though the rest of its friends turned faded and crispy a month ago:

Sorry little guy, fall is coming no matter how pretty you are.

This girl is happy about it:


We've talked to her about Halloween and she thinks the whole concept of trick-or-treating is pretty amazing. Now when we go on walks she'll ask to "pretend trick-or-treat?" to the neighbors houses. She'll also tell anyone who will listen what she's going to be for Halloween (answer: Little Red Riding Hood). She's neat :)

Happy Fall!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment