Thursday, September 26, 2013

Twirly Fall Skirt

Lately, if it isn't a quick project it's not getting sewn. And by quick, I mean under an hour--including prepping, pinning, cutting, everything.

I ordered some of this gray Little Red Riding Hood fabric (Tasha Noel for Riley Blake Designs) awhile back for another project. It was going to be part of a quilt that I decided not to make but I still really loved the fabric and wanted to use it. I only had half a yard though, which made it challenging. I packed away most of my girl's skirts since they're all very summery looking so I decided to make her one for fall--a double layer twirly skirt.

The other fabric I used is from Fig Tree Quilts--I'm not sure which line it was from, maybe Avalon?

Here they are together:
Image


And about 30 minutes later I had a finished skirt. :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


I love simple, fast projects.

Happy Sewing.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little skirt. Such pretty fabric.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that is really CUTE! and so fast. I love fast and cute, especially in one project.

    ReplyDelete