Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fall Bunting

We made it back safe and sound from our trip to Vermont and it left me ready for fall! Vermont IS fall, even if the leaves haven't changed much yet. The air there was crisp and clear and everywhere we stopped we could fill up on apple cider, donuts, or something maple related.
IMG_9130


coveredbridges


IMG_8105


I was inspired to break out some fall decorations at home this week and I decided to make something new with a few fat quarters I picked up at the Waterwheel House Quilt Shop in Vermont. The fabric is Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt:fabrics


I made a scalloped bunting (I just traced around the top of a bowl and folded the paper in half to make a pattern). I cut 9 flags, double sided, and used a package of white extra-wide double fold bias tape across the top.

IMG_9279


IMG_9281


IMG_9283


flags


IMG_9292


Crock pot meals. Apple cider. Pumpkin pies. Football games. Changing leaves. Chilly nights with the smell of woodsmoke wafting in.

I love summer, but I love fall. This pin says it all:

7e3f55788ae51ac350aa012022d68fff


Happy Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment