Snow snow snow. It's been snowing for the past 24 hours. We've shoveled three times, most recently about two hours ago, and you can't even tell.
So...should we have a cookout?
Hmm. Maybe we'll just sit on the porch then?
0 for 2. Darn.
My brave little hydrangea finally wilted after surviving extreme heat and dryness in the summer, the powerful gusts of Hurricane Sandy, and several bouts of snow and freezing temperatures.
Poor thing. It's still stubbornly holding onto its dried petals and you can even see the beginnings of buds on the stem from last week when it was 60 degrees. Weird weird weather.
As much as I want it to be spring already, I have to admit that the snow is really pretty (provided I don't have to go out in it). This is the light, fluffy kind that sticks to everything and blankets the trees and grass in a thick layer of sparkling white.
So we keep hibernating. We make coffee and turn on the fireplace. We keep plenty of blankets around, since the combination of 19 degree weather and a 100 year old house can easily make for a chilly room. And we bake. We bake cheesy, warm, delicious things that seem necessary on days like this.
Enjoy your weekend, and even if you don't plan on watching the Superbowl tomorrow I hope you at least enjoy some delicious party food :)
~Stacy



No comments:
Post a Comment