Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Knitted Dress

So a box arrived yesterday from my mother-in-law (who lives in Maine, and is currently stuck inside due to the 18 or so inches of snow that was just dumped where she lives) with a handmade gift for Charlotte inside. She's a knitter, and she made Charlotte a dress. A gorgeous, colorful, hand knit dress with a tiered ruffled skirt:

It looks really blue in this picture, but the bodice and bottom layer are more of a mint color.



I can't believe she made this with yarn and knitting needles...blows my mind. Of course I had to get some photos of Charlotte modeling. She was pretty insistent on wearing her new pink boots in some of them (Thanks Christine!) and in others she's wearing her pants as a cape. Just another Sunday.




I love it. It's perfect for spring and will make a fabulous Easter dress. The colors make me think of a delicious ice cream cone--three scoops: strawberry, mint chocolate chip and vanilla. Or banana, whatever sounds good. I'll take them all :)

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment