Monday, February 25, 2013

A Sun Sighting in February

The end of February is finally here. As if to remind me, today was beautiful and sunny. Not warm (at all), but still. I'll take it. We spent as much time as we could outside soaking up the blue skies and sunlight. The next five days are supposed to be some variation of completely cloudy and/or rainy, windy or snowy/rainy. I yearn for the days when sunlight is the norm and I can stop popping vitamin D pills like Smarties.

Oh February. You stupid, stupid month. You're even spelled stupidly. Go away and let winter release its grip on us. I know March isn't exactly a month of warmth and sunshine either, but it's a heck of a lot closer to getting us there than February.

See that bright colored spot in the middle of this photo? It's the sun. I know, I couldn't believe it either!

What's that? The sky is blue? I thought it was a shade of bleak gray!


The sight of these little babies almost made me weep with joy:

Same with these--and bonus that they were on clearance and in my size. Thanks, Old Navy:


Charlotte likes them too. In fact, as soon as they were out of the bag she dropped what she was doing and scampered over saying "oooh, mommy's shoes? I see mommy's shoes? Shoes on?". That's my girl; she loves a cute pair of shoes just as much as she loves jumping in puddles and picking up sticks :)


Three more days until March is here and we can put this long and dreary month to rest for another year!

~Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment