Sunday, January 27, 2013

Not My Real Closet (But One Can Dream)

*If you are an e-mail subscriber, you probably received a weird post with just a picture of a style board last night. Sorry about that. I'm playing around with a new site and some project boards and meant to insert a picture into a new post and instead posted an entire blog entry and published it.*

And another important note before I get to the point of this post: I plan on deactivating my Facebook account very soon. I don't know if it will be a permanent change, but I'm going to try it out. There are a lot of social networks out there that I am a part of and there are many times where they can seem overwhelming. Facebook in particular is one that I don't really get much enjoyment out of, yet I feel compelled to check it at least twice a day. The reason I'm telling you this is that I share this blog on Facebook every time I post and a large percentage of my traffic comes from there. If you like this blog and want to keep reading it, please do!! I post several times per week and intend to keep doing so. You can subscribe to this blog by entering your email in the "subscribe" box on the right, or you can just bookmark this page and remember to visit every week (or day...whatever :)).  Thank you for taking the time to read my little space on the internet. I love blogging, and I intend to keep doing so and growing this blog into other areas at some point. Whether I have one reader or 100,000 doesn't matter; I just love doing it. 

Okay, on to the purpose of this post: style. Style and fashion is not an area I've ever delved into on this blog, but I have recently discovered the wonder that is Polyvore and thought it might make for a fun topic. Polyvore is sort of like Pinterest for fashion. You can create style boards with entire outfit collections (versus Pinterest, which is basically a giant board where you can "pin" single images). It allows you to create custom fashion collections and sets using any wearable item on the web and includes links to purchase those items. I just think it's fun to play with and come up with outfit ideas that I would actually wear, since pretty much any magazine out there is full of photos of clothes I would never ever wear or could never ever afford. But mostly, it's like window shopping without having to go anywhere :)

Part of the idea behind this was inspired by this Pin:
Click for original pin



I have an entire board dedicated to style, which consists mostly of outfit sets created by users on Polyvore. Like these:
Click here for pin and here for Polyvore set


Click here for pin and here for Polyvore set
Click here for pin and here for Polyvore set

Click here for pin and here for Polyvore set
Click here for pin and here for Old Navy (location of original style board)
Click here for pin and here for Polyvore

Click here for pin and here for Polyvore set


Yes, indeed. Dressing would be easy and fantastically fun every day if all of these items A) existed in my wardrobe and B) were all packaged up and ready to wear, right down to the smallest accessories.

I like color, but not color overload. I like basics that aren't too trendy--kind of similar to how I'd decorate a room. I'd rather buy the bigger, more expensive stuff in neutral colors and patterns and bring color in with things that are less expensive and easier to switch out.

And I realized after uploading all of these images that they're all pretty much geared toward warmer weather. Wishful thinking...

I hope you're having a great weekend!

~Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment