Friday, January 18, 2013

Guilty

I have two guilty parties living in my house.

The first:

Charged with: eating at least three dozen dry pinto beans from Charlotte's science bin and waiting until it was time for Chad and I to go to bed to throw them all up. On the carpet, no less. It doesn't matter that  of all the flooring on the first floor, about 90% is a hard surface and relatively easy to clean up. Nope, when one must be sick one must run to carpeted ground.

Verdict: Guilty. There's really no further investigation necessary.

Sentence: I think he suffered enough. Trust me.

The second guilty party:
Don't let those big eyes and cherubic cheeks fool you; she's not as innocent as she looks.

Charged with: covertly feeding the dog beans after Mommy repeatedly explained that "we don't feed puppies beans"; cooking the dog some play soup at her kitchen and pretending to feed him but actually hiding a bunch of beans inside the soup bowl and secretly giving him a snack he couldn't refuse. Multiple times. Also, quietly reopening the lid to the box after I closed it so the dog could free feed out of it like a savage. Which he did.

Verdict: Guilty by way of assistance.

Sentence: None, she's adorable. 

So now when she wants to play "beans", as she puts it, we have to either gate Howard in the kitchen or sit right there with her to make sure the beans aren't ending up in the wrong paws (har har). Though after last night's episode he didn't seem very interested in them today so maybe the lesson was learned. Then again, this is an animal who willingly eats far worse things on a regular basis, so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Here's hoping for a quieter, cleaner evening :) Have a great weekend!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment