Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy Thoughts

This time of year can easily become depressing. It's just. so. ugly. Seriously, look outside and tell me if your spirits feel at all lifted by what you see (assuming you don't live somewhere sunny and green and warm and pretty). Even on sunny days it's still hideous looking; dull skies, no color anywhere, gray, muddy, blah blah blah. I sound like Debbie Downer but I can't help it. I need some color! I can deal with the cold (for now) but I cannot deal well with the ugly. So I need to think happy thoughts and look at pretty pictures of colorful things to brighten my mood until this long and yucky part of winter has passed and spring flowers start to bloom.

Chad brought me a bunch of flowers yesterday for my birthday, which have added a major pop of color to the house. Looking at them and smelling their sweet, springy fragrance definitely lifts my spirits.


After weeks of suspiciously eyeing the window seat, Howard finally decided to test it out on his own and found it to be a relaxing new sleeping place. Seeing him scrunched up there makes me smile.

Of course, this needs no explanation:

A bundle of new fabric? That makes me happy.

Blooming hydrangeas? I'd take those.

Or a leisurely bike ride on a sunny day...

...or a wagon ride.

I pieced together a quick and simple quilt top today out of some bright and summery fabric (Marmalade by Bonnie & Camille). That made me happy.


And pictures of past trips to paradise, like this:

And this:

Ahh. I feel better already.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment