See these two?
They may be small but they're capable of quite a lot--most notably, rendering my entire house a disaster in a matter of seconds. I like things neat and clean and do my best to keep my house looking that way. Sometimes it can be a challenge given the amount of things that are stuffed inside a pretty small house. Add that to a dog who sheds his entire coat about four times per week on top of wood floors that show every single speck of dust that lands on them and a baby who stirs up even more dust and trouble and you can see how things can go from acceptable to war zone in no time at all.
Every time Charlotte is done playing in a room or goes down for a nap, I pick up all her toys. I know she's going to come back and take them all out again, but I can't stand leaving a bunch of stuff all over the floor. Some days, though, she's just too quick and into too much to make that a possibility. And when Howard gets in on the action and realizes that stealing baby toys makes the baby laugh hysterically, then the battle is pretty much lost on my end. It's best to just surrender and let whatever will be just be. Here's one of those days.
"Mom, she's emptying your purse again. I think you should go check on her so I can take all of the stuffing out of this sock monkey when you're not looking and eat it."
"Do you see what she did?"
and off to tackle the second floor...
Happy Friday to you, and enjoy your weekend!
~Stacy

No comments:
Post a Comment