Thursday, August 23, 2012

Almost 15 Months ~ Photo Shoot

My girl is almost 15 months old.  Even though I stopped doing monthly photo sessions when she turned a year old, I decided to dress her up and take her to the park for pictures today.  We had them done at the same place this time last year, when she was just an almost three month old, tiny, precious little baby.  My friend Sara is a professional photographer and took beautiful pictures of Charlotte, which we have framed in the dining room.  I decided this time around to try my hand at taking them myself.  Far from professional, I think they turned out nicely and I could not have asked for better weather or a cuter dress for this girl to wear (thanks Uncle Carl & Aunt Sondra!).








She had fun, and then left the set completely:

My news feed on Facebook has been swamped with people talking about their kids going back to school or just starting preschool or kindergarten.  This always make my heart flutter a bit, because I now understand (somewhat) what they must be feeling; it truly would be a bittersweet moment.  But I have to admit, it also makes me breathe a small sigh of relief.  Even though the days continue to go by and she continues to get older (and always will), she's still, for now, my baby.  The farthest I have to see her walk away from me is to her stroller, 10 feet away.  If I could keep it that way forever I absolutely would.


~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment