Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sleeping Beauty in the Woods

Yesterday I had a crabby baby on my hands.  Well, more like a sleep deprived and over-tired baby.  She's going through some sort of sleep issue where she wakes up, sometimes several times, each night with major separation anxiety.  I'm not sure why this started, but apparently it's pretty common (so long as you read the credible baby websites out there.  I've learned to stay away from sites that allow just anyone to dispense advice as though it's gospel and in any way factual.  I walk away from those convinced I have a terminal illness and will perish that evening, and I know if I read any of them with baby issues I'd probably move my bed into her room at night and never leave the house during the day).    Anyhow, it's a phase that is not ideal but we're working on it.  Bleh.  In the meantime, I need to make sure this child gets plenty of napping done during the day because an over-tired baby at night means lots of wake-ups.  I love to hang out with her, but not at 2:30AM.

So yesterday I decided to take her to the park and walk while she slept.  Thankfully she was down with this plan.




Still holding on...

...and finally off to dreamland.  :)








It was a perfect day to hike and, according to Charlotte, to nap.  I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon than sleeping soundly, surrounded by the beautiful outdoors, all while being pushed around without a care in the world.  Must be nice.  But I can't say I had it too bad myself :)

Happy Weekend.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment