Just in case you were in need of a little cuteness in your life, Charlotte is here to deliver. I am biased in that I think almost everything Charlotte does at this stage of life is cute, but sometimes she does things that are extra cute. Like take her doll's shoes off and pretend to put them on her own feet:
Oh, it gets better. Awhile back she started mimicking us whenever we'd talk on the phone by holding her hand or a toy up to her ear. Soon it turned into her doing this whenever she'd hear a phone ring, then just by hearing the word "phone" or "call", and now she'll grab whatever is lying around and just pick up the "phone" to chat with herself. She jabbers like crazy as though she's having a really in depth conversation and sometimes she'll even stop and hold the it out to us, as if to say "it's for you, Mom, here ya go." Today she was using one of the plastic envelopes that goes with her toy mailbox as her cell phone and it was a serious conversation. She was on that phone for a good 5 minutes (which is practically an eternity to a 1 year old).
"Uh huh. Uh huh. Really? Wow. So then what did you do?"
"Girl, that is ridiculous. They never should have made you take that nap, I agree. "
"Get out. They said you had to take two naps?!?"
"Mom, for real, you won't even believe this."
She was cracking me up and had no idea what was so funny. Also in the land of cute: as of yesterday, when I ask her "Charlotte, what's my name?" she exclaims "Ma-ma!" I love it (and, consequently, make her do it about 50 times a day) and it melts my heart every single time. She's delicious.
Have a wonderful weekend!
~Stacy


No comments:
Post a Comment