I rode up to Cahoon Memorial Park, where they have a Memorial Rose Garden. It's fairly large and full of all sorts of different, colorful flowers and plants. In the winter it gets turned into a small Christmas tree farm, with lights hung around the perimeter.
I didn't stay very long. While I was the only one at the garden, I was not alone at the park. The Bay Days Carnival starts today and a few dozen guys were there setting up all the rides and the food stands. I left them alone and rode up to the coffee shop and bought a brown sugar and cinnamon scone. By my quick calculations, the bike ride cancelled out the calories of the scone so it was totally justified.
We hope to take Charlotte to the carnival this weekend. I think she'd get a kick out of watching all the kids, seeing the rides, and maybe going on the merry-go-round. The weather is supposed to be record-breaking hot, but I'm hopeful that it'll settle down enough for us to be outside for at least a little while. At the very least, I'm sure we'll get a lot of use out of our sprinkler!
~Stacy






No comments:
Post a Comment