Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend: Summarized

After a week (and counting) of record-breaking heat that just sucks all my energy up like a vacuum, it was nice to do a whole lot of nothing this weekend.  We said goodbye to June and welcomed July by relaxing, grilling, eating ice cream, and being mostly lazy.  It was fabulous.

I am almost finished building the dollhouse--I still need to glue on the roof shingles.  Anyone want to come over and glue on 23,580 miniature roof shingles?



I still have to fill in a bunch of spots with wood filler, prime, paint, build the furniture, and decorate.  I figure I have at least 3 years to finish this since Charlotte will be old enough to play with it by then.  That's my kind of deadline :)

This was about as productive as I got, unless you count walking up to the beach for ice cream (which I do).  We also cleaned up the contents of Charlotte's toy box at least 6 times each day, as her favorite activity is emptying it out completely.  Over and over again.


Thankfully the swing is still super exciting to her:

Also exciting?  The stairs.  She figured out how to climb them, but (as of today, at least) doesn't have the confidence to go up more than one or two before scooting back down.  I now understand what everyone meant when they told me to be thankful she wasn't very mobile yet.

Howard played Frisbee until he was close to death and spent the rest of the day like this:
The wider the ear span, the tired-er the dog.  In this case?  Very tired.

This will probably be it for me until the end of the week.  I'll be in Columbus tomorrow visiting my friend Hilary, then the 4th is full of cookouts, parades, and a carnival.  All my time not doing those things will be taken up by two big consulting projects, both due Thursday.  I wish those followed the deadline schedule of the dollhouse.

Happy 4th!!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment