Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Short Note on the Week

Hello.

This week is shaping up to be very busy.  I haven't taken any photos since Sunday (this is unusual) I've been so busy.  I think I've mentioned on here before that I work independently as an HR Consultant for the organization I worked for before I had Charlotte.  Due to a big project, my workload has increased quite a bit and will stay that way for the next month or two so my posts may slow down a bit.  Charlotte is no stranger to the office--several weeks ago she played with her doll in my former co-workers office while I made about 47,000 copies.  If only I could teach her the basics of payroll, Excel, and benefits administration we'd be off and running...

Also, I have a new groundhog.  Nope, not Gilbert, I got rid of Gilbert.  This is a new one, smaller, and with slightly different colored fur.  We shall call her Gladys.  She showed her face a couple weeks ago while I was sweeping the driveway.  I couldn't believe it, and as soon as I saw her she hid in the bushes.  Without thinking I ran over to her with the broom and yelled "Show yourself!", like a total freak.  She ran out and underneath the porch.  I've caught her running under the porches of 2 of my neighbors, so apparently Gladys thinks she has it made.  Gladys is wrong.  I am picking up my cousin's trap on Saturday and plan to show Gladys exactly how wrong she is.  Pack your things, G, you're about to get relocated.  What do groundhogs like to eat?  I want to make this trap very enticing.

In addition to Gladys, I caught a deer casually munching on my neighbor's tree branches that she'd trimmed.  The deer was standing in my driveway, leaning over in my neighbor's yard to enjoy her snack.  I didn't realize she was there until Charlotte and I were halfway across the deck, and we spotted each other at the same time and both froze.  She just stared at us while Charlotte was waving her arms and pointing, loudly asking "Waaassat??" over and over again.  I told her it was a deer and she replied "oof oof", like she does when she sees a dog.  I couldn't really explain to a one year old the difference between a dog and a deer at the time, because what sound does a deer make?  So I just let it go.  I'm counting on the confusion to be cleared up by the time she's in school so she doesn't embarrass herself.  I'm confident it'll work itself out.

I'll be back soon with more fun pictures and words that don't focus entirely on the wildlife living on my property.  In the meantime, here are random pictures of Charlotte having way too much fun after our Costco shopping trip.  Who knew giant packages of tissues and paper towels could be so entertaining?

 
Enjoy your week.

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment