Monday, February 3, 2014

Whatever, Groundhog


It doesn't matter whether or not the groundhog saw his shadow yesterday (and I believe he did not)--winter is here and it's here to stay. We're due to get another twelve inches of snow tomorrow night, so I'm anticipating being stuck at home for at least a couple of days this week. This is nothing new, and between the weather and then Charlotte's never-ending cold we've been home a lot.

Charlotte scored a lollipop and her first prescription over the weekend--sinus infection and ear infection :( Poor girl. At least she loves going to the doctor. She loves it so much, in fact, that she wanted to stay there all day. When we finally did leave she hiccuped, then turned to me and said very seriously "See mommy? I hiccuped. I need to go back to the doctor." She watches the doctor episode of Curious George almost daily (that and the episode where he visits a donut shop. Girl knows what she likes :)). She's so well versed in what a checkup entails that she was confused at her most recent visit about why she wasn't getting a full checkup. She took matters into her own hands while the doctor was filling out information on the computer--she pulled up both pant legs past the knee and leaned toward the doctor and announced "I'm just waiting for you to finish my check-up." She's a riot.

I took to Craigslist to help combat some indoor boredom and found a small slide--she can play on it inside now and we can leave it outside once it gets warmer. So far it's a huge hit and $10 well spent.

Between the slide and the couch cushions, she manages to entertain herself for quite awhile.

And art--there's always art.


Less than four weeks until Florida, less than four weeks until Florida...

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment