Friday, February 7, 2014

Baby Doll Sleeping Bag (w/Matching Big Girl Pillowcase!)

I recently got this fabric for my birthday after having my eye on it for a long time:
Image

It's Michael Miller Retro Candy Shop and I think it is just the cutest. I just had no idea what to make with it! I finally decided on a pillowcase for my girl to take when she goes camping (she and her Daddy love camping so now she'll have a special pillowcase just for that. Totally unnecessary, but fun nevertheless).

I goofed a bit on the pillowcase and did not take the direction of the print into account, so the cute little candy shop kids are sideways. I decided not to care too much about this oversight since it is, after all, a pillowcase for camping.

Image

Have you ever made a pillowcase before? If not, it's one the fastest and easiest project you can make. I used this tutorial, but there are hundreds of them out there.

I had some fabric leftover, so I got creative and made a tiny sleeping bag for her baby Stella doll. I just cut out two rectangles of coordinating red fabric and sandwiched a piece of cotton batting in between. I quilted some vertical rows on there, then sewed two pieces of the candy shop fabric on top (wrong sides together, cut about 5" shorter, to create the sleeping bag look). I added some packaged bias tape around all the raw edges and it was good to go.

Image

Image

Two projects done in under an hour? That's my kind of sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment