This is my second summer themed post in one week, which would make sense if it were, say, June...you can see the effect that winter is having on me :) I'm living vicariously through summery fabrics and patterns to survive the snow and bitter cold!
I made this dress for my girl the other day and didn't even realize that it was Kids' Clothes Week! I've participated in this challenge before and had a blast--this challenge runs from January 27 thru February 2nd and I missed the deadline to officially register but I might still play along on my own :) Check out the KCW blog to see all the wonderful things everyone is making! It is inspiration central, for sure.
The dress I made is one of the easiest dresses to make if you are just getting started, or if you are looking for a quick project that you can finish in under an hour. I did not use a pattern or tutorial but there are loads of them out there (for free). The top fabric is from the lovely new line Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille. I love this entire line--you will definitely be seeing more of it on here soon! The bottom fabric is from my stash, from Joann's.
I made mine in a 2T-3T size and cut two pieces 16"X18" for the top and two pieces of contrasting fabric 12"X18" for the bottom. The bottom pieces are folded in half with wrong sides together, to make each 6"X18". This piece is then sewn to the bottom of each top piece.
I'm not including a full tutorial on this one today, but might in the future. In the meantime, as mentioned earlier there are TONS of great pillowcase dress tutorials out there if you need help finishing yours!
What are you making this week?
Happy Sewing!
this is adorable!
ReplyDeletePS: I'm making a knit neckwarmer but no sewing right now!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
ReplyDeleteI could use a neck warmer, though today it's at least out of the negatives!
ReplyDelete