Monday, February 17, 2014

T-Shirt Dress

I think just about everything I have made so far this year has been summer related...can you tell I'm completely over winter? I'm living vicariously through brightly colored, happy fabric.

Last week I only had a small amount of time to sew so I made a T-shirt dress for my little girl. I love these--fast, simple and so cute! And sorry for the intense pink color that shows up in this photo...I tried to desaturate it a bit but it's still way bright. I promise the color is much more calm in person :)

I used a T-shirt that I found in clearance at Old Navy for $3. The skirt fabric is Gypsy Girl by Lily Ashbury for Moda. I measured where I wanted the skirt to hit and cut the shirt off at that line (about 3" below the armpit). The skirt is just two rectangles, 19" wide (I don't remember how long they were...I just measured from where the skirt started to her knee and added a 1/2" for the hem).

I'm trying to try more patterns with gathers...gathers have caused me grief in the past and I definitely need more practice.







This dress just looks like spring to me!! So close, yet so far away...

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment