As you can see, I've been working on giving this blog a little makeover. I've also been working on merging my crafting blog and this one back into one. Yes, I know, after splitting them up last summer I decided it just was not the look or plan I was going for and I decided to get them back together.
Let me back up.
The decision to split them came about because I had decided to try making a side business, Blue Bay Cottage Crafting, of teaching small group and private sewing lessons. However, after about eight months of teaching classes I have come to a very important realization: it isn't for me.
I love to sew. I assumed I would love to teach others how to sew as well, since I love sharing my creations and seeing what other people are making--that goes for anything creative: sewing, quilting, felting, painting, photography, whatever. I think I wanted to want to love teaching so much that I kept at it, hoping I'd feel differently after awhile. But as time went on, I found myself getting less and less excited to teach classes. I started to see them as a chore--something I never set out to do. I also stopped sewing for fun almost completely while I was teaching. I just lost my motivation to do it for the sake of it; I got too busy with lesson planing, prep work, advertising, scheduling, etc.
So I stopped. And I've sewn more in the past month than I did from September thru January combined. I have a list of projects a mile long that I want to work on, I'm having fun searching for pattern ideas again, and my fabric wish list is growing wider than ever.
I still see myself, someday, finding a way to make this hobby I'm passionate about into something more. And now I know what direction it won't be going in.
So what does this mean for this blog? It's going back to the way it was when I started it almost three years ago. It's my place to share the things I love: photography, my family, and yes, my sewing projects.
I've merged all of the sewing project related posts from Blue Bay Cottage Crafting back into this blog--they were inserted chronologically, based on their original post date. I am working on getting tabs set up for each category, so those who are interested only in projects (or only in photos, or whatever) can find them all in one place. That's a bit of a project, so it'll take awhile to get fully organized.
In the meantime, thank you for reading and being patient with my many recent changes! If you haven't already, you can subscribe to this blog to receive emails whenever there is a new post--and this is the only blog I'll be posting to from now on. I deleted the Facebook page and deactivated the crafting site. Streamlining, simplifying, ahhh....
Be back soon!
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment