I was at a craft store yesterday and saw some plain headbands for little girls in the clearance section for 95 cents. They were really soft and not too tight--a must for baby headbands! I bought one, along with a package of silk daisies that I found in the scrapbooking section for $2.
 |
| One package of flowers=12 headbands |
I decided to try making my own to see how much time was involved, and if they were cheap and easy enough use them as "free gift with purchase" at the Avant-Garde show and in my Etsy shop. I wanted to group three flowers and attach them to the headband with thread instead of glue, both for comfort and durability reasons. The flowers had a hole through the middle, so I found a button in my stash, placed it on top, and attached the whole thing with thread.
The result? A total cost per headband of $1.45 and about 7 minutes of my time. I will be heading back out this week to get more of those headbands before they're sold out!
Here's my model showing off her new headband:
This is a short one--I'm off to enjoy as much time outside as possible before the rain and colder weather comes in. 63 and sunny on February 29th?? I'll take it! Happy Leap Day!
~Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment