Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just Because

My baby girl is 8 months old today, and I've decided to share her birthday pictures month-by-month for no other reason than because I want to.  And I think she's the cutest, sweetest baby in the world :)  The beautiful blanket she's laying on in all of these was made by my Aunt Carol as a shower gift. 

1 month

2 months (I hadn't yet committed to the white onesie idea, so this month was an adorable dress)           
3 months

4 months

5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months
 Eight months ago we woke up at 4AM and drove in the dark to the hospital.  Charlotte was a week late and it was time to evict.  It feels like it was yesterday.  It feels like it was forever ago.  I guess it was a lifetime ago, in Charlotte years.

Chad and I were just talking about how we can't believe she's 8 months old already.  Every month we find ourselves saying "I can't believe she's ___ months old already!"  It's amazing how the person we both love most in this world didn't even exist (in the outside world) until 6/2/11.  Craziness.  I'm still unable to wrap my head around it, and I think I might always feel that way at least a little bit.  I hope so.  I don't want the day to come where I sneak into her room to watch her sleeping and not have my breath catch, at least a little bit, every time. 

We tried to have a baby for almost two years.  We had been married for almost 4 years by the time we decided to start a family and she was born about two weeks shy of our 6th anniversary.  I remember a co-worker, whom I didn't know very well, approaching me during a particularly difficult time in May of 2010 and asking "You've been married awhile, when are you going to start popping out babies?  What are you waiting for?"  At the time, the question made me want to cry, hide, and punch her all at the same time.  But now that I'm out of that period and am in a totally different place I finally have an answer.  I was waiting for Charlotte.


~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment