Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Summer Dreaming

Oh, I cannot stop thinking about summer and how I wish it were here already!  Yes, the weather has been unusually warm and pleasant for Ohio this time of year.  But it's still winter, which means no flowers, no leaves, and a general look of blah to everything: grayish/brown grass, naked trees, salt covered cars.  I want some color! 

Please?
Bahamas
Okay, a beach vacation would be nice but I'll settle for less.   Like flowers:


Or anything green:
Tennessee (Great Smoky Mountains National Park)




 I want to go swimming:
Look at that face--perfect mixture of uncertainty, excitement, and sheer terror

And take Charlotte to the fair:

I want to walk down to the beach and get ice cream, cook burgers on the grill, and sit on the porch drinking lemonade.  I want to wash the salt off my car and drive around with the windows down.  I want to open every window in my house and let in the fresh air.  March is tough--so close, yet so far away.  Everywhere I look there are hints: buds on a tree, weeds starting to sprout up in my flower beds, bathing suits and beach towels at Target.  I'll be patient, I will...


~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment