Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Day at French Creek

This weekend has felt like a vacation.  Chad is on a break from school (he's working on a Master's) and this is the first weekend in awhile that he hasn't had to spend working on anything.  The weather was nice (again--such a weird winter!) and we wanted to try out a new nature center and hiking trail.  We went to French Creek Nature Center, which is about 20 minutes away from us.  They had a really nice trail, tucked quietly away behind the nature center, that was just the right length for walking with Charlotte before she got too cold/tired/fussy. 



 












When we got home we had a very tired baby, so while she slept I made these:

These are Diner Brownies, from the March 2012 issue of Food Network Magazine.  This issue had 50 brownie recipes, which is pretty much the best thing ever.  I love brownies.  The sizable dent in the batch I made yesterday verifies this.

Today we're heading out to pick up the primer and paint for our trim painting project.  I'm trying to psyche myself up about it but so far haven't had much luck.  I'm hoping that having the paint will provide some much needed motivation...

I hope you've been having a wonderful weekend!

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment