The weird winter weather continues and has produced yet another set of sunny and warm-ish days. I was outside getting the mail and noticed some signs of spring:
I also noticed the dire conditions of my yard/flower beds, but that is a topic for another day. So as not to waste this wonderful weather, Charlotte and I went out exploring. A couple weeks ago Chad and I brought her to a playground nearby and let
her try a bucket swing for the first time. I love this playground--it's all wood and all of the jungle gyms are made to look like boats, lighthouses and submarines.
Ever since we moved here I've secretly wanted to go, but hanging out at a playground as an adult without a child in tow is what most would define as creepy, myself included. So, I waited patiently and the time has finally come to try it out. The swings were a hit with Charlotte the first time, and right now that's all she's big enough to use. She didn't seem to mind:
After the swings we headed over to this little park area that has an old gazebo and several historical buildings-turned-museums on it. This park is beautiful, especially in the summer, and is right across from the lake. In July the city uses it for a carnival but most other times residents can rent out one of the buildings, which I did a couple summers ago for a family reunion. It's just a nice, quiet place to walk around on a pretty day.
In sewing news, I've finished a decent chunk of items for the Avant-Garde show. Here's a sneak peek:
Those are burp cloths in a sweet, soft flannel. I've made several sets in the colors shown above, plus a few in pink/white and brown/green.
Speaking of making things, that's really what I should be doing with my baby-free day! Have a great one.
:)
~Stacy




No comments:
Post a Comment